La-Qiana is an associate attorney with Powers & French, P.A. She graduated from Bay Path University in Longmeadow, Massachusetts with a B.S. in business and a concentration in executive management. After college, La-Qiana had a successful career in sales and finance working as an Account Executive for an NBC affiliated television station, and later as a Senior Sales Executive for Beneficial Finance where she led the Maine and New Hampshire sales teams in real estate volume.
La-Qiana later sought to pursue her childhood dream of becoming an attorney, and attended University of Maine School of Law, where she obtained her Juris Doctorate. While in law school, she served as a student attorney with the Cumberland Legal Aid Clinic, providing legal services to indigent Mainers. During that time Ms. Saxon also served as the Chair of The Women’s Law Association, an organization concerned with the legal, social, educational, and political issues facing women.
Prior to joining Powers & French, P.A., La-Qiana was a solo-practitioner and owner of Saxon Legal Services, LLC in Brunswick, Maine.
La-Qiana’s areas of practice include:
- Criminal Defense: Felonies and misdemeanors, including OUIs
- Protective Custody: Assisting parents and guardians of children involved with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS);
- Real estate: Assisting clients with the buying and selling of property, along with purchase and sale agreements;
- Estate Planning: Includes the preparation of wills and powers of attorney;
- Family law: Parental Rights and Responsibility and Protection from Abuse;
- Litigation: Including personal injury and other various civil litigation matters.
La-Qiana is an active member of the Maine State Bar Association. Additionally, she is a member of the Bath-Brunswick Bar Association, and surrounding counties. She currently sits on the board of directors for the Tree Street Youth Organization, a Maine based non-profit organization that provides academic and social support to disadvantaged area youth. La-Qiana also offers mentoring and internship opportunities for interested teens.
During her free time, La-Qiana enjoys relaxing with her husband Steve, their three boys, their lab Deuce, and their cat named Kitters, Kit-Kat or Kit the cat (11 years later the feline family member still has no offical name).